Post by White Satan on Sept 8, 2015 15:47:02 GMT -6
I don't always do this, but I figured it's time to spread the love to you guys in a style that only Sean will do here. Here's some detailed feedback.
- The opening segment was fantastic. It's not often we get these big moments for Wulf, so this felt even more special, and Strike comes off like an asshole for trying to take it from him. AND THEN COMES CTHULHU! Really, this was an awesome opener, and it reminds me that Pete is one of the most underrated creative minds in EXODUS.
- Lifer and Hammer did its job, and I wish I could see Hammer for a few seconds every show, because THAT WAS HILARIOUS. Great job, and I really hope Chuck knows what he's doing going into Lifer's element to face him.
- Skipping over segments I wrote.
- Gresham/Reed was great in the sense that Darius looks good without having to look like a complete jobber to a main roster guy, and DeMarcus continues to look strong in the sense that he's building up to be a huge player in weeks to come. Syn's been an invaluable addition to this roster, and she's someone that's good at crafting stories. I'm excited for more.
- Jolyne, honestly, is one of my favorite characters of mine in EXODUS currently.
- Given that I know the story trajectory of Obata, this is great to see as we build towards that. Geoff, for what it's worth, is a fantastic storyteller. Looking forward to what he does when he unleashes a RP the size of what some of the rest of us do, haha.
- SHOZO/GOTHRA is an amazing story, and it shows what someone will do for someone they care about. Ophelia needed her revenge, but this is a story about SHOZO, and it's shown that he may have crossed an exceptional moral event horizon.
- Paige and JB have quietly put together not so much a feud, but a rivalry. Feuds are personal, but this is a rivalry built on pride and desire to be International champion. This has easily been one of the most well put together ones in the history of the company, and for the first time, I feel like two people really care about this title instead of it being a hot potato for them. Taylor wants it for validation, Brooks wants it despite knowing he could have walked away and chased the World Title. He's proven to be fantastic here, along with Paige. Kudos to you both.
- Nick outdid himself. I've known for a while that he's had a very specific story arc to tell with Eve and Kira, and this was part of that payoff, in addition to their development. I can't stress how great this was to see. Fantastic match here.
- Torrie has done an excellent job straddling the fine line between egotistical heel and proud face in this angle, and her promo here was another solid one.
- Jackie and Ruby was a great match, and Ruby walked away a rightful winner after the things Jackie said. I felt like him passing out in the move was a scenario that leaves people thinking he could still win, despite me feeling Ruby should have gone over unquestionably, but it was a finish the two agreed upon. It was still a fantastic match, and Ruby's starting to put together a resume that says she's one of the most violent people in company history.
- People had to wonder what was going to happen to the future of Elizabeth, Damon, and Sue with the fall of REVOLUTION, and here it is. Another faction to worry about, another interesting development on the road to AE3.
- Maybe it's because I'm a real life Muta fan, but I mark for Cho'oningen.
- The six-man tag was able to weave a lot of stories in and out of it. The feud between the Samuels brothers, the Brooks/Savannah thing that just became way personal, and the stuff with Caleb and Venus. More importantly, it also calls back to history built with Kessin and Brooks. Also, the rivalry may have become a feud with what happened in this match!
- Black Jones cuts a heartfelt promo, and it feels so much different from the person he is on Twitter now, showing one direction in the character and another with everything else. I'm enjoying things though. Alllen is a creative guy, and if you all knew what was coming....
- I love Steve Lenton. I love Naiser King. Put them together, and great shit happens, and this couldn't have happened to a nicer hoss.
- Wrote the match, but I think the story speaks for itself
- SHOZO and Shinji is a feud I've been proud to be in, one of the few I've had since coming back to the hobby a few years ago. Once again, I can't thank Nick enough for everything.
- The main event was great, and Allen once again did a great job telling the story of two guys who didn't want to get along against two guys who were a reluctant team. The story came off great, and Wulf goes into Welcome Oblivion with huge momentum on his road to a potential World Title victory. Great job.
And hey, I liked the transitions. Great show everyone, you guys were fantastic.
Hannigan/Lifer - Interesting piece of turn around. Keeps the storyline between Lifer and Matthews trotting along.
Segment 2 - Kept the stuff for the main event ticking over nicely
Segment 3 - Nice piece to really bring the sense of rivalry and heat over the OC belt to light.
Gresham/Reed - I've got to echo Jon's comments here. This match strikes the perfect balance of keeping Darius looking strong, and DeMarcus just having the main roster edge they should have. Nice match.
Segment 4 - Audrey Lloris is back? And in a position of trust? Tell me more.
Dysart/Saikosoma - Allie did great here. Nice flowing match, showing the development of who is still a very green rookie. I liked it.
Segment 5 - OFFSCREEN MYSTERY VOICES ARE THE BEST! GO MYSTERY GO!
Hildegard/SHOZO - Interesting match. Ophelia fighting with the belly full of rage. SHOZO seeming... subdued? I don't know. Interesting, and I'm still not sure how to take it.
Segment 6 - The Sex
Eve/Zeppeli - Great, furious action, and you've got to know it ain't over yet.
Segment 7 - I'm still not sold on the new Fiona, personally. Maybe she'll grow on me.
Fowler/Tyler - I think this match was great. The level of heat here was akin to the Tyler/Hardaway matches. The Hardaway connection with the finish at the end. And I've got to disagree with Jon. For Ruby to win the match by knockout, by an absolute decisive victory, I think carries more definitive closure than a pin fall.
Segment 8 - I helped write this!
Segment 9 - I'm liking this feud. I'm liking more that it seems to be reaching climax.
Pantheon/BrooksSamuelsStorm - I wrote this!
Segment 10 - This was good stuff. I like seeing this side of Jones.
King/Lenton - FUCK YEAH
Segment 11 - Lenton the trainer? BAGS OF WIN
Segment 12 - Creepy preacher is creepy
ChristensenJones/CollinsLannister - Great match. Kept the feuds between both parties going along nicely. Great work.
Segment 13 - SHOZO has no chill.
BeowulfCaldwell/NoVaKStrike - Well written, good match. The original intention was that part way in the match, the tension between Carey and Beowulf would be revealed as a work, but you know what? I think I prefer this version, almost like Beowulf taking the time to appraise Carey in ring to formulate a new opinion. Or something. Great work.
A Confirmed Real Person: i'm apologizing for posting so late and not having a full rp. it's been super hectic lately and today was nuts and all i want to do is sleep forever. BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS SO DON'T HATE ME PLS. :[ :[ :[
Sept 26, 2015 19:39:55 GMT -6
Savannah Taylor: *collapses in corner* Oh thank God that is done.....
Sept 26, 2015 3:04:24 GMT -6